Unknown On Sep 4, 2010

Maya Blevins

Parsons sophomore
Rochester, Minnesota
19 years old

“Fashion is the mediator between me and the world.”

Maya’s collection: It began with a discomfort with menswear inspired lines. Through exploring this discomfort, it evolved into a playful curiosity with the social connotations of the suit. I wanted to explore how the suit, and the facade of “The Man” could be reinterpreted in a playful light. The collection is an artifact of my exploration of how the social hierarchy embedded in the suit relates to everyone but the man. I drew from past memories I have of playing with my father's wardrobe as a child, and that sort of innocence when trying them on.

What excites you most about Fusion? Being around great people that share a mutual enthusiasm for their craft. Fusion has been a great chance to dedicate myself to something that school cannot offer, the chance to focus on something that is purely my own.

Leave a Reply

Search my site

Followers

Archives

Categories